Saturday, January 9, 2016

Urimbirra Zoo in Victor Harbor


Melanie finally got to pet a koala!!  This has been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. Well, I really want to hold a koala so we'll need to find a zoo that will let us do that. But I was so happy to touch one.


Dad's turn.  This one sat on top looking at everyone.  She was the queen bee of koalas that day.

Look - two koalas!




Feeding the kangaroos.  It was a little eerie at first when they came jumping towards me and then they would eat with their teeth scrapping the food out of my hand, and then they would hold my hand with their paws so that I wouldn't move.  I wasn't moving!  Surely didn't want to loose any skin or fingers!





Dad was much calmer than I and really enjoyed feeding the kangaroos.


And a peacock 


And freshwater crocodiles with very sharp teeth. Yes, we were standing that close to them.  A zoo keeper came over to clear the drain or something like that but there was a large croc that laid on top of it and so she didn't cross the fence. I thought it was crazy to even think of it.  There were at least 7 crocs in the pin. 

The Zone met up with us when they heard we were in Victor Harbor.  What a wonderful group of missionaries! Left to right:  Elder Anton, us, Elder Keller, Elder Jarrett, Sister Vaitaiki, Sister Coultrup, Sister Reyes, Elder Hayes, Elder Skadins, Elder Beard

Better picture, we got Elder Anton in it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment